18 July 2008

Hi-Posi



I don't know where to start describing what Hi-Posi sounds like. An explosion in a candy store, with a marching band, a load of ducks and, of course, evil mastermind Miho Moribayashi somehow captured onto tape. Joking aside, Hi-Posi seems to be one of those "love or loathe" kind of outfits; Miho's breathy childlike vocals in the style of Kahimi Karie and the likes seem to rub some people the wrong way - I didn't use to be a huge fan of it. But after having GLUON creep up on me and slowly, but steadily becoming one of my all-time favourite records, I must say I don't think Miho Moribayashi could do anything wrong. Hi-Posi are probably most famous for one of their songs featured on Sushi 4004, but I strongly recommend you try and get your mitts on some of her other stuff, you might just find yourself surprised. Down the rabbit hole we go!

2 comments:

lilla my said...

i want her parasolumbrella...!!!

oniko kinoko said...

I want her babies