9 August 2008

Serani Poji


Irresistible! Absolutely irresistible! Like strawberry sorbet on a warm day, Serani Poji are totally irresistible. Although a two-girl band, Tomoko Sasaki and Yumi Higashino claim Serani Poji is actually the name of a fictional girl singer. Luxurious ready made string samples, samba drums, gorgeous sunshine pop and sweet (fictional) singing about rabbits and old fishermen (!) feel as satisfying to your ears as said sorbet to your palate. I included one of their songs on my latest compilation, "地球人のカラダ" ("An Earthling's Body"), as you've probably all heard by now - if you haven't, go have a listen! Unfortunately, I don't think they've released anything new since 2004, which is the last time their site was updated. I will definitely keep my rabbit ears and eyes peeled for new material from the twosome, sorry one... some? Serani Poji!

2 comments:

speedwaystar said...

muxtape has been eaten by the copyright lobby >.<

oniko kinoko said...

I know, I'm going to upload the full zip asap.